Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How to become a Muslim

Originally Posted by zainabhaseen
when a person accepts Islam ..its because of the ultimate fact that he has developed a strong belief that there is only one God (Allah)...and that Muhammad S.A.W. is the messenger of Allah...he says ashadu anna because of the fact and because of the belief he has in Allah and his book. the reason why he say shahadah is because he is becoming a witness to his own statement.

Are you saying when a person says the shahadah he is becoming a witness to his own statement, which is based on his belief and not on the basis of his being a witness that Allah is the only God and Mohammed is His messenger? This is confusing, please clarify.

Listen carefully Venugopal:you are twisting my words but i have already told you that a Muslims belief is based on the fact that there is only one God and his messenger MUhammad S.A.W.

You say Muslim belief (religion/faith) is based on the fact that there is only one God and His messenger is Mohammad. My question is, how have you witnessed the fact?

first tell me whats your religion?

Advaita.

and in what do you believe? do u believe in the existence of God?

Please answer my post no. 8. It is concerning the subject of your thread. Meanwhile, I quite do not understand this believe thing. Since God for me is not something that is outside the scope of what I am, I think believing in the existence of God is an unnecessary requirement in my spiritual quest - which is a progressive living in the truth of my being. By spiritual I mean truth as it is, without depending on anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment